28 October 2014

Teaser Tuesdays (Oct. 28th)

Okay, so for those of you who are new to this meme, here's how it works:

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My current read is Found Things by Marilyn Hilton.
Synopsis (from Goodreads):
Experience the wonder of the river in this haunting debut novel, where family is lost, friends are found, and hope runs in the current.One morning, River Rose Byrne wakes up talking like nobody else, and she doesn't know why. Maybe it's because her beloved older brother, Theron, has abruptly vanished. Maybe it's because that bully Daniel Bunch won't leave her alone. Or maybe it has everything to do with the eerily familiar house that her mind explores when she's asleep, and the mysterious woman who lives there. River has to puzzle through these mysteries on her own until she makes a strange new friend named Meadow Lark. But when she brings Meadow Lark home and her mother reacts in a way that takes River by surprise, River is more lost than before. Now all that's left for her to do is make wish after wish;and keep her eyes open for a miracle. Marilyn Hilton's haunting debut dives down deep into murky waters brimming with secrets, sorrow, and hope, giving us faith in the things that we seek, but haven't yet found.

Here´s my quote, taken from page 111:
"Mama hopes. I think that's how she can stand it that Theron's gone."

Let me know what you think of the book, and check back in a couple of days for my review!

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely cover. The blurb and teaser have hooked me. I'd love to read this book. I have a feeling I'd get lost in it until I reached the end and came up for air.
    Here is my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/10/28/teaser-tuesdays-87-moore-zombies-and-the-alien-next-door/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, that's very close to what actually happened when I read this book. I think I finished it in about three sittings. Life kept intruding in a very annoying fashion. I'm going over to your TT right now!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good plot. I can imagine how distraught Mama must be with her son missing!
    My Tuesday post features THE BEARWALKER’S DAUGHTER.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a very gripping read! The synopsis doesn't really explain it very well, but Theron hasn't really vanished, though. He got in some sort of car accident, and his father told him he needed to shape up or get out (or something to that effect), and Theron did leave, and they haven't seen/heard from him since.
      I'm going to check out your TT as soon as I post this. :)

      Delete

Join the conversation!