14 July 2015

The Last Ten Books to Come Into My Possession

So, I am constantly bringing a stream of books into the house. Because I am a cheap-skate, and because I only have one bookshelf, most of these books are from the library. Here are the last ten books I got from the library for myself. Head on over to The Broke and the Bookish to find out what books other bloggers have been bringing into their homes.

1. Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier
I'd seen a lot of great reviews of this book around the blogosphere, and the covers of all three books were pretty! I've already read it, but I don't think I'll post a review.

2. The Seelie Wars #2: The Last Changeling by Jane Yolen and Adam Stemple
I love this series so much, and I only just discovered it! My mom made a separate library run just to pick up The Last Changeling, because she was so eager to read what happened next. Keep an eye out for my reviews of both books in the next few weeks.

3. Geaneology Online For Dummies from the Dummies series
I got this because I was playing with the idea of doing some geaneological research this summer. I don't think I'll be able to because I have a pretty busy summer, but this particular library copy wouldn't have been much help even if I had (it was published in 2009).

4. Curse of the Thirteenth Fey by Jane Yolen
I am totally falling in love with Yolen's books, one novel at a time. I had such an easy time getting my thoughts about Curse of the Thirteenth Fey down that I even already reviewed it!

5. Smek #2: Smek for President by Adam Rex
Hey, I'm just writing these down in the order I checked them out, okay? I got them both out on the same day, though, and you can see that item #8 is the first book in the duo. I've read them both already (and they are hilarious!), so keep an eye out for my reviews.

6. The Unicorn Chronicles #2: Song of the Wanderer by Bruce Coville
This is the second in a four-book series that my friend recommended to me back in May. I read and reviewed the first book, Into the Land of the Unicorns, but I only just now got around to getting the second and third books out. This was my favorite of the series, and I will most definitely be reviewing it soon!

7. The Unicorn Chronicles #3: Dark Whispers by Bruce Coville
This is the third in the series that my friend recommended. I'll be reviewing it in the next few weeks, as well.

8. Smek #1: The True Meaning of Smekday by Adam Rex
This book was so good! I had seen so many positive reviews on Goodreads that I couldn't resist checking The True Meaning of Smekday out from the library when I saw it on a shelf. I'm very glad I did, and I will be reviewing it very soon.

9. A Dragon's Guide to the Care and Feeding of Humans by Laurence Yep and Joanne Ryder
This is another book that I learned about on Goodreads, and saw a lot of positive reviews about. I read it and enjoyed it, and am about halfway done with my review.

10. The Arctic Code by Matthew J. Kirby
This is one I'd been highly anticipating, and I finally got my hands on it! I've already reviewed it, and while it wasn't quite as good as I had hoped I still definitely enjoyed reading it.

Have you read any of the books on my list? Let me know in the comments below!

2 comments:

  1. You said you've already read Ruby Red? Did you like it? I've been curious about it for a while, but I've seen mixed reviews and don't know whether I should buy it, borrow it from my library, or just not read it at all. Great list this week!

    My TTT: http://tsundokubooks.blogspot.com/2015/07/top-ten-tuesday-ten-books-i-recently.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, SMM Frost! Ruby Red is definitely a library read. It's not so terrible that I would say don't read it, but it's not very amazing either. Its main selling point, to be perfectly honest, is its gorgeous cover.

      Delete

Join the conversation!