15 December 2013

A new day, a new blog



So here we are, my first blog. A blank page for me to write on, my handprint on the world - oh, who am I kidding? I'm not philosophical enough to keep going like this. I'll be real here, I don't really know what I'm doing. Am I jumping on the blogging bandwagon? Yes. Have I ever blogged before? No. How old is my Goodreads account? Um, less than a year. But despite all these things in my way, I am convinced that I am going to make this work, and that people are going to actually read it. Someday. If I bring *cough* drag them here myself. But for now, here's a bit about me to all the fantasy readers I'm imagining out there right about now:

My name is Jaina. Except it's not, really, because I can't give my real one for safety reasons. I have three Poodles, a Dalmatian, and a Maine Coon cat. Wait, nope, not true either. That one isn't for safety, I just thought that sounded fun! I do have one Boxer, though, just about the cutest and sweetest dog ever (maybe I'll post a pic sometime!), and a cat who's . . . Um, a cat. 
Let's see, what else? My goldfish just died two weeks ago. We put his tank up in the attic today, and I'm grieving a bit right now. Rumor on the street is that brine shrimp (whatever those are) will be under the tree next week, though. I'm told that yes, those really are real animals. And people really keep them as pets.
I'm a teen (no, don't leave! I don't read vampire books! Or devil books! Or books where everybody dies! Or - well really, I think that just covered everything in the teen section). I'm the oldest kid in my family. I say that means I know what I'm doing, but my siblings say it just makes me bossy. Hmmph. 
I love to read, so so much. That's why I'm book blogging instead of just making a regular blog - I'd rather talk about books than about myself. I also love to write; my first book was finished a while ago and I'm plugging away on the next. Haha, don't be too impressed! When I say "finished," I mean I hit "The End." Which, true, was really hard - but it's nowhere near ready for publishing. Much as I would like it to be, considering how much I hate editing. I pull the manuscript out now and then, glance it over ruefully and make a few minor changes, but always just stick it back where I found it and turn away in despair before I can get any real work done on it. Yes, I know I'm lazy. No, that doesn't mean I'm fine-tuning it anytime soon. Anyway, it's the holidays. I'm busy. *crafty grin*

Anyway, there's me. As for the books? Well, I'll review 'em as I read 'em. Nothing rated R, no baby books, just . . . Well, the stuff in between. YA is my forte, and I believe no one is too old to read it.

Here's Jaina, signing out. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation!