26 May 2015

Top Ten Books I'm Going to Read This Summer (Not Necessarily on a Beach)

I don't live very close to a beach, so I'm afraid I don't spend much time lying on the sand and working on my tan. Actually, I don't tan, so I would just turn bright red like a lobster after it's been boiled - and that doesn't really sound that appealing, anyway. So I decided to change my post slightly, and list ten books that I want to read this summer. Most of them are newer, but there are a few older releases that I missed the first time around.

1. Rebel McKenzie by Candice Ransom

2. The Arctic Code by Matthew J. Kirby

4. Goblins by Philip Reeve


6. Jinx by Sage Blackwood

7. Fish in a Tree by Lynda Mullaly Hunt

8. Greenglass House by Kate Milford

9. Uprooted by Naomi Novik

10. All the Answers by Kate Messner

And there we go! What books are you planning to read this summer? Post them in the comments section below, then go on over to The Broke and the Bookish to check out more Top Ten lists.

10 comments:

  1. I did the same as you and listed ten books I want to read this summer, although I haven't heard of any of yours. I hope you enjoy reading them!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/05/26/top-ten-tuesday-6/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goblins sounds good, but other than that I haven't heard of any of these before. Now you've got me interested, though, and I plan to investigate. Great list!

    My TTT: http://tsundokubooks.blogspot.com/2015/05/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-i-plan-to.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Goblins looks good! I've seen a lot of good reviews for it. I hope you find some more good books on this list - I obviously can't recommend them because I haven't read them. :P

      Delete
  3. Great list. I haven't heard of any of these before but it just means I need to check them out. Thanks so much for sharing. Have a great week and happy reading My TT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they look very promising! I'm looking forward to reading them. Have a great week! :)

      Delete
  4. Uprooted! I have heard such incredible things about it, I have got to get my hands on it ASAP! Hope you enjoy these books- even if not on a beach- and no worries, I am a lobster-red person myself, there won't be any tanning for me either ;)

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm really excited to read it this summer! Thanks for commenting, Shannon - and good luck this summer avoiding those pesky sunburns. I know for me, sunscreen only works to a point. :P

      Delete
  5. I have seen a lot of people preparing for summer and getting their reading list ready just like this one! I should get my own down to pat lately too, which I am going to after reading your blog! You've got some good reads lined up for you, and I know you have even already finished one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes, I wasted no time getting started on my summer reading list! I've already read two of the books on this list, Fish in a Tree and Rebel McKenzie. I'm excited to read the rest of them! :)

      Delete

Join the conversation!